Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format spreadsheet so that it only has a few rows and columns

I have seen an EXCEL 2007 spreadsheet that only has rows 2 - 6 and columns A
- F.

If you use the arrows it doesn't go anywhere at all except within those
boundaries. The other parts of the screen past these boundaries are in the
default MS window colour of blue and there are no gridlines.

How can I duplicate this effect?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hide the rows and columns you don't want to use.

To select columns select the one to right of your desired used range.

CTRL + SHIFT + RightArrow selects all.

Right-click and "Hide"

Same for rows below your desired range.

CTRL + SHIFT + DownArrow

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:32:01 -0800, ogerriz
wrote:

I have seen an EXCEL 2007 spreadsheet that only has rows 2 - 6 and columns A
- F.

If you use the arrows it doesn't go anywhere at all except within those
boundaries. The other parts of the screen past these boundaries are in the
default MS window colour of blue and there are no gridlines.

How can I duplicate this effect?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
guessing but it sounds like your speadsheet has hidden rows and columns.
select and hide all columns to the left of your data area.
select and hide all rows below your data area.

that should do it.

regards
FSt1

"ogerriz" wrote:

I have seen an EXCEL 2007 spreadsheet that only has rows 2 - 6 and columns A
- F.

If you use the arrows it doesn't go anywhere at all except within those
boundaries. The other parts of the screen past these boundaries are in the
default MS window colour of blue and there are no gridlines.

How can I duplicate this effect?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks that did it - sorry for the stupid question but if I want to bring
back all those hidden rows and columns what do I do?

I tried going to the space between column A & row 1 then right-clicking but
UNHIDE doesn't seem to come up.

"ogerriz" wrote:

I have seen an EXCEL 2007 spreadsheet that only has rows 2 - 6 and columns A
- F.

If you use the arrows it doesn't go anywhere at all except within those
boundaries. The other parts of the screen past these boundaries are in the
default MS window colour of blue and there are no gridlines.

How can I duplicate this effect?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
if you don't know then no question is stupid. asking questions is how we
learn.
to unhide.....
2003.....
select the sheet ie click the small square in the upper left where column A
& row 1 meet. then on the menu barformatcolumnsunhide
do the same for rows.
2007....
select the sheet..see above...
home tabFormathide&unhidecolumns