Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spreadsheet Help

I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation.
It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily
readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets
(January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the
appropriate equipment.
My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe
out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still
tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EditLinksChange Links generally gets the job done.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:19:01 -0800, Jerry R
wrote:

I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation.
It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily
readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets
(January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the
appropriate equipment.
My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe
out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still
tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could look in Excel help for "edit links"

Or don't bother with Excel help at all and waste your time posting and
waiting for someone to tell you......................

Your time is yours to distribute as you see fit so.............

In 2003 EditLinks

In 2007 DataEdit Links

Gord

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:26:01 -0800, Jerry R
wrote:

Where do I find this?

wrote:

I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation.
It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily
readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets
(January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the
appropriate equipment.
My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe
out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still
tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ?
Thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SORRY IT IS SUCH AN INCONVIENCE!!!!!
I'm self taught on excell because of our remote location and lack of
available classes. I'll try not to infringe on your prescious time any more,
but I don't see any reason to get snotty about it!!!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could look in Excel help for "edit links"

Or don't bother with Excel help at all and waste your time posting and
waiting for someone to tell you......................

Your time is yours to distribute as you see fit so.............

In 2003 EditLinks

In 2007 DataEdit Links

Gord

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:26:01 -0800, Jerry R
wrote:

Where do I find this?

wrote:

I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation.
It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily
readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets
(January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the
appropriate equipment.
My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe
out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still
tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ?
Thanks

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saying that you don't know how to invoke Excel Help? It is
pretty much universal that "Help" is on the right hand side of the menu
system, and can also be started by pressing the F1 key.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could look in Excel help for "edit links"

Or don't bother with Excel help at all and waste your time posting and
waiting for someone to tell you......................

Your time is yours to distribute as you see fit so.............

In 2003 EditLinks

In 2007 DataEdit Links

Gord

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:26:01 -0800, Jerry R
wrote:

Where do I find this?

wrote:

I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation.
It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily
readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets
(January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the
appropriate equipment.
My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe
out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still
tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ?
Thanks

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Obviously I have offended someone or ones. I apologise.
I thought I had exlored all places for edit and realised the page I was
looking at did not draw from the input page so edit was not highlighted and
was not an option.
I do appreciate the guidance and will try not to overlook the obvious from
here on in.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could look in Excel help for "edit links"

Or don't bother with Excel help at all and waste your time posting and
waiting for someone to tell you......................

Your time is yours to distribute as you see fit so.............

In 2003 EditLinks

In 2007 DataEdit Links

Gord

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:26:01 -0800, Jerry R
wrote:

Where do I find this?

wrote:

I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation.
It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily
readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets
(January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the
appropriate equipment.
My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe
out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still
tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ?
Thanks

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a problem. I suspect it partly comes from frustration due to so many
folks expecting the Help contents to be copied/pasted here in the thread.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could look in Excel help for "edit links"

Or don't bother with Excel help at all and waste your time posting and
waiting for someone to tell you......................

Your time is yours to distribute as you see fit so.............

In 2003 EditLinks

In 2007 DataEdit Links

Gord

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:26:01 -0800, Jerry R
wrote:

Where do I find this?

wrote:

I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation.
It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily
readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets
(January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the
appropriate equipment.
My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe
out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still
tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ?
Thanks

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not an inconvenience to myself.

Just trying to show you a much quicker way to get help.

30 seconds to find out how to edit links would suit me far better than
taking the time to post and wait for an answer.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could look in Excel help for "edit links"

Or don't bother with Excel help at all and waste your time posting and
waiting for someone to tell you......................

Your time is yours to distribute as you see fit so.............

In 2003 EditLinks

In 2007 DataEdit Links

Gord

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:26:01 -0800, Jerry R
wrote:

Where do I find this?