Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I reference a cell as a row number in a formula?

The formula I currently have is: =SQRT(SUM(F5280:F6240)/(N3-M3))
the row numbers 5280 and 6240 are values found in cells M3 and N3,
respectively.
However I need to copy this formula down a column, and I currently must go
through and edit each formula to change those two values to the neighboring
cells. i.e. that formula is in cell O3, and when copied to O4 the desired
rows of column F to be referenced will be the numerical values in M4 and N4.

=SQRT(SUM(F____:F____)/(N3-M3)) please fill in the blanks?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=SQRT(SUM(INDIRECT("F"&M3&":F"&N3))/(N3-M3))

then copy it down as required.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 13, 6:38*pm, wileye wrote:
The formula I currently have is: =SQRT(SUM(F5280:F6240)/(N3-M3))
the row numbers 5280 and 6240 are values found in cells M3 and N3,
respectively.
However I need to copy this formula down a column, and I currently must go
through and edit each formula to change those two values to the neighboring
cells. *i.e. that formula is in cell O3, and when copied to O4 the desired
rows of column F to be referenced will be the numerical values in M4 and N4. *

=SQRT(SUM(F____:F____)/(N3-M3)) *please fill in the blanks?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

=SQRT(SUM(INDIRECT("F" &M3&":F" &N3))/(N3-M3))

Mike