Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formulae in excel worksheets

I have three worksheets, each with data in a certain cell.
I also have a summary worksheet which displays the contents of the other
three sheets.
What I wish to do is to gather a numerical value from each of the three
worksheets and display in a cell on the totals worksheet as:- value1, value2,
value3
i.e. one can see the three numerical values side by side on the summary
worksheet
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suppose your values are in D1 on those three sheets. Put this formula
in the cell on the summary sheet where you want to see all three
values:

=Sheet1!D1&", "&Sheet2!D1&", "&Sheet3!D1

Widen the column to suit.

If you have fractional values, you may need to do something like this:

=TEXT(Sheet1!D1,"0.00")&", "&TEXT(Sheet2!D1,"0.00")&", "&TEXT(Sheet3!
D1,"0.00")

which will restrict the display to 2 decimal places for each value.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 8, 7:26*pm, BobM wrote:
I have three worksheets, each with data in a certain cell.
I also have a summary worksheet which displays the contents of the other
three sheets.
What I wish to do is to gather a numerical value from each of the three
worksheets and display in a cell on the totals worksheet as:- value1, value2,
value3
i.e. one can see the three numerical values side by side on the summary
worksheet
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Link the cells. Say that you want F1 of the Summary sheet to always display
the value in M3 of sheet "Whatever". In F1 of the Summary sheet, type an
equal sign. Navigate to sheet "Whatever" and click on M3. Hit Enter.
Done. Repeat for the other cells. HTH Otto

"BobM" wrote in message
I have three worksheets, each with data in a certain cell.
I also have a summary worksheet which displays the contents of the other
three sheets.
What I wish to do is to gather a numerical value from each of the three
worksheets and display in a cell on the totals worksheet as:- value1,
value2,
value3
i.e. one can see the three numerical values side by side on the summary
worksheet
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unusual approach, but: