Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default #DIV/0! error

I'm using the following formula =100%-(H6/J4) to get a percentage,
however result is #DIV/0! error

Can anybody help with this error?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I forgot to add that if you still get the error even if there is
something in J4, hit the "F9" button to recalculate the spreadsheet. It could
be that your workbook isn't set up to automatically calculate when changes
are made. You can change this by going to Options, Calculation tab.

"Memo Larach" wrote:

I'm using the following formula =100%-(H6/J4) to get a percentage,
however result is #DIV/0! error

Can anybody help with this error?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(J4=0,"",100%-(H6/J4))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 06:57:01 -0800, Memo Larach <Memo
wrote:

I'm using the following formula =100%-(H6/J4) to get a percentage,
however result is #DIV/0! error

Can anybody help with this error?

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you always format the result cell as percentage - you may try this:
=IF(ISERR(1-H6/J4),"",1-(H6/J4))
In order to avoid the error.
Micky