Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel - carriage returns and formating of text within a cell

Text pasted into a cell from Word or other software will keep the formats
including carriage returns, line numbers, tabs, etc.
Can text be typed into a cell with control characters that will force this
type of formating?
--
mwaller

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try as following :

Format the designated cell to the format you expected in Excel, for example,
bold, red

Copy the text from other software, in Excel : edit - paste special -
select "text" - click "paste" - OK

The text would paste to the designated cell with the format you set.

yclhk