Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing the color of a cell based on the color of another cell.

How can I have Excel automatically change the color of a cell, for example
"A5" if "D5" is found to be the color RED due to a conditional format.

Automatically change A5 to the color RED, IF D5 is fould to be RED.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So D5 changes to red because of its conditional formatting?

Use the same rule(s) in A5 as what you used in D5. Change the formatting if you
want, but use the same rules.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
In the CF of A5, try to use a Formula instead of a Value in order to "fire"
the Conditional Format, based on cells D5 Value.
Micky

"LATC" wrote:

How can I have Excel automatically change the color of a cell, for example
"A5" if "D5" is found to be the color RED due to a conditional format.

Automatically change A5 to the color RED, IF D5 is fould to be RED.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If D5 is red as a result of a conditional formatting, use an equivalent
condition for CF of A5.
If D5 is red as a result of manual formatting, you'll need VBA.

Colour functions:
a.. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx
b.. http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
c.. http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/Sum.htm

--
David Biddulph

"LATC" wrote in message
How can I have Excel automatically change the color of a cell, for example
"A5" if "D5" is found to be the color RED due to a conditional format.

Automatically change A5 to the color RED, IF D5 is fould to be RED.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I didn't mean to identify the COLOR.
What I meant was to use a Formula based ConditionalFormat based on the same
condition as per the CF that is coloring cell D5.
If you still face difficulties - upload the WB to: http://www.yousendit.com
and give us the link to download it.
Mike

"LATC" wrote:

How can I have Excel automatically change the color of a cell, for example
"A5" if "D5" is found to be the color RED due to a conditional format.

Automatically change A5 to the color RED, IF D5 is fould to be RED.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, Dave,
If D5 CF was declared by its VALUE - "equal to" 123 .
How can he declare such a CF in cell A5 relying on D5 without using a
formula based CF in A5 - such as: =D5=123 !?
Micky

LATC wrote:

How can I have Excel automatically change the color of a cell, for example
"A5" if "D5" is found to be the color RED due to a conditional format.

Automatically change A5 to the color RED, IF D5 is fould to be RED.

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

He (or she) would use that formula.

The way you write the rule may change--but the rule is the same. In fact, the
rule for D5 could have been written as:

formula is: =D5=123
or
value is: 123

I don't see a difference in the rule--there is a difference (obviously) in how
it's written.