Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"

I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of
the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info.
If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the
cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one
tell me why this is happening?
--
Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply
click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select
the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose
any option beside date.