Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default "treat empty cells as" is greyed out in charts

I've upgraded to Office 2007 and opened an Excel workbook from Excel 2000
which contained a number of graphs both on sheets and on tabs of their own.
One graph is fine but the others are screwed up because of the way it is
treating empty cells or gaps in the data.

The radio buttons for "treat empty cells as" is grayed out except for the
"zero" option. On the graph that is OK I can choose the option to leave a
gap and its fine.

Does anyone know why this has happened or how I can correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The availability of that setting depends on the chart type. I haven't dealt
with this enough in 2007 to know if this dependency has changed. I do know
that combination charts in general behave differently in subtle ways than in
earlier versions, and this may be one of them.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions