Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't add trendline in Excel 2007

I have created a simple two line chart and I'm trying to add a trendline to
both, however, under layout tab, the trendline box is greyed out (under
analysis) preventing me from selecting the type of trendline that I want to
add (linear). I checked the Microsoft site related to adding trendlines in
Excel 2007 to no avail as the steps provided is what I'm trying to do and
still the trendline box is greyed out. Any assistance that can be provided
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lionel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Double check the chart type. A stacked line chart will not allow trendlines.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Lionel" wrote in message
I have created a simple two line chart and I'm trying to add a trendline to
both, however, under layout tab, the trendline box is greyed out (under
analysis) preventing me from selecting the type of trendline that I want
add (linear). I checked the Microsoft site related to adding trendlines
in
Excel 2007 to no avail as the steps provided is what I'm trying to do and
still the trendline box is greyed out. Any assistance that can be
provided
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lionel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Lionel" wrote in message
I have created a simple two line chart and I'm trying to add a trendline to
both, however, under layout tab, the trendline box is greyed out (under
analysis) preventing me from selecting the type of trendline that I want
add (linear). I checked the Microsoft site related to adding trendlines
in
Excel 2007 to no avail as the steps provided is what I'm trying to do and
still the trendline box is greyed out. Any assistance that can be
provided
would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lionel

Spot on! - Thanks.

No idea why one can't add a trendline to a stacked graph, but you're right (albeit 8 years ago :-)