Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to add a trendline in Excel 2007

I was once an expert, guru even, helped everybody. Now I can't even find the
help menu. So very frustrating.

I have a graph and need to add a trendline. The graph is embedded in a
worksheet sitting alongside four other graphs that have trendlines i created
with Excel 2003. Trendline is no longer a simple check box on a screen that
i can get to. I see it on one of the menus, Trendline, all nice and pretty
grey. There's no help on trendline using F1 key, other than giving the
formulas. On-line I find instructions on how to add a trendline, duh, and
the trendline option is grey. Would anyone mind trying to assess how I've
become so incompetent so quickly, and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Click the data series in the chart
Look in Chart Tools | Layout | Analysis for Trendline
Click the launcher (triangle pointing down) ; select the type of trendline
needed
Open the "More Trendline Options" to add equation. etc
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rookie Roger" wrote in message
I was once an expert, guru even, helped everybody. Now I can't even find
the
help menu. So very frustrating.

I have a graph and need to add a trendline. The graph is embedded in a
worksheet sitting alongside four other graphs that have trendlines i
created
with Excel 2003. Trendline is no longer a simple check box on a screen
that
i can get to. I see it on one of the menus, Trendline, all nice and
pretty
grey. There's no help on trendline using F1 key, other than giving the
formulas. On-line I find instructions on how to add a trendline, duh, and
the trendline option is grey. Would anyone mind trying to assess how I've
become so incompetent so quickly, and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

That launcher is greyed out just like the trendline button, so I can't click
either one. I tried to install an Add-On of Data Analysis tools but that
didn't change anything (and I didn't need it in the past.)

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The ATP has nothing to do with trendlines
What type of chart are you making?
I am sure we can resolve this
--

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The following chart types don't support trendlines: all 3-D chart types,
Radar charts, Surface plots, Area charts, all Stacked charts types. (I've
probably missed some.)

Trendline options will not be available if the sheet is protected.

There were a number of chart related issues that were solved by SP1. Press
Alt+1 and choose Resources, and see if SP1 is shown at the very bottom under
about Microsoft Excel 2007

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire