Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel display Fault

Out of about 50 people using an excel program I wrote, three people exhibits
a problem after running a macro, where a worksheet shows parts of other
worksheets.
Moving a mouse over the areas clears the problem area.
I believe some update from Microsoft has created this fault as it has only
started to fault last week.
All 3 people are running excel 2003 professional

Turning auto calculate off fixes the fault, however turning auto calculate
back on, immediately produces error
I use the following commands trying to overcome problem with no positive
results
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
.... my macro
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards Gilbert Bani
Ballarat IT Manager
WIN Television VIC LTD
Walker Street (PO Box 464)
Ballarat,VIC,3350 Australia
Tel: 61 3 5320 1318 Fax: 61 3 333 1598

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

We had a similar problem in excel 2007, where all sheets are protected.

We contacted Microsoft, and they came up with the solution below, which
worked for us:

When calling unprotect function, active the sheet first:

1. Save the current activesheet:
Set NowActivesheet =ActiveSheet

2. Active the unprotect sheet:
TargetSheet.Activate

3. Call unprotect method:
TargetSheet.unprotect

4. Active the saved activesheet:
NowActiveSheet.Activate

Hopes this helps.
Per

"Gilbert Bani" skrev i meddelelsen

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
we had similar problem with our workbooks, I've just solved it (after
3 days of hard work) by running a macro that activates all sheets in
the background. See below:

Sub Activate_Sheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
On Error Resume Next
Dim x As Variant
For Each x In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
x.Activate
Next
End Sub

I call this macro either at the beginning or at the end of any of the
other macros where the problem occurs.

Hope it helps.
Regards,
Giacomo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There have been reports of a bug in an update for 2003 November 10th

KB973475

And for 2007............KB973593

Uninstall the update(s) for now and see if that helps.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:38:08 +1100, "Gilbert Bani"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Took a while to try items suggested.

None worked. Re-installation of excel worked for about 1 day, but problem is
back, and there are no visible signs of any updates.

"Per Jessen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you try the one I posted?

There have been reports of a bug in an update for 2003 November 10th

KB973475

And for 2007............KB973593

Uninstall the update(s) for now and see if that helps.

What does "and there are no visible signs of any updates" mean?

Did you go through Control PanelAdd or Remove Programs with "show updates"
checked?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP