Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilbert Bani Gilbert Bani is offline

Default Excel display Fault

Took a while to try items suggested.

None worked. Re-installation of excel worked for about 1 day, but problem is
back, and there are no visible signs of any updates.

"Per Jessen" wrote in message
Hi

We had a similar problem in excel 2007, where all sheets are protected.

We contacted Microsoft, and they came up with the solution below, which
worked for us:

When calling unprotect function, active the sheet first:

1. Save the current activesheet:
Set NowActivesheet =ActiveSheet

2. Active the unprotect sheet:
TargetSheet.Activate

3. Call unprotect method:
TargetSheet.unprotect

4. Active the saved activesheet:
NowActiveSheet.Activate

Hopes this helps.
Per

"Gilbert Bani" skrev i meddelelsen

Out of about 50 people using an excel program I wrote, three people
exhibits a problem after running a macro, where a worksheet shows parts
of other worksheets.
Moving a mouse over the areas clears the problem area.
I believe some update from Microsoft has created this fault as it has
only started to fault last week.
All 3 people are running excel 2003 professional

Turning auto calculate off fixes the fault, however turning auto
calculate back on, immediately produces error
I use the following commands trying to overcome problem with no positive
results
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
.... my macro
Application.ScreenUpdating = True