Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting or Grouping multiple rows based on unique values

How can I format an excel worksheet to draw a border around a range of cells
that

a) contain a unique value in one column

b) only where a value in another column matches one of another group of
"valid" values.

For example, my source data is:

A B C D
2 UC 1 DD 0
3 UC 1 DD 0
4 UC 1 DD 1
6 UC 2 DD 1
7 UC 2 SDM 0
8 UC 2 MD 0
9 UC 2 DD 1
11 UC 3 DD 1
12 UC 3 SDR 0
13 UC 3 RD 0
14 UC 3 DD 1

I would like to draw a border around any unique UCs that also have either MD
or RD or SDR in column C.

In addition, I might like to highlight row 8 because it has MD in it. ..I
know how to do this on a single row. However, I don't know how to draw a
border around a range of cells.

In the example above, I want excel to draw a border around the range A7 to
D9 & another around A11 to D14.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,