vishu

Default print out

I have excel file with colour background and plain pattern.
When I print a excel file, the print out is coming with doted pattern.
and if i copy entire sheet and paste it some other excel file, I can get
exact print out with plain background. But every time I can not copy and take
print out.
But I want to take with plain pattern in the same file.
Any idea what is the problem in the file.
David McRitchie

Hi vishu,
If I understand correctly you are copying the values and formulas,
or are using Edit, Past Special, Values,
but not the formatting. The safest way is to copy the entire sheet.
Edit, Move or Copy Sheet, [x] create a copy

If you are just copying a selection, with paste special, you will have to paste the formatting
separately. Edit, Paste Special, formatting
---
HTH,

"vishu" wrote in message ...
I have excel file with colour background and plain pattern.
When I print a excel file, the print out is coming with doted pattern.
and if i copy entire sheet and paste it some other excel file, I can get
exact print out with plain background. But every time I can not copy and take
print out.
But I want to take with plain pattern in the same file.
Any idea what is the problem in the file.

vishu

Hi david,
I am using formatting also. I can get correct printout in different sheet
in the same file. But not in orginal Sheet.
I dont know what is the problem in original sheet.
I am not understating..how can it be happen different formatting within the
same file.

"vishu" wrote in message ...
I have excel file with colour background and plain pattern.
When I print a excel file, the print out is coming with doted pattern.
and if i copy entire sheet and paste it some other excel file, I can get
exact print out with plain background. But every time I can not copy and take
print out.
But I want to take with plain pattern in the same file.
Any idea what is the problem in the file.

David McRitchie

Hi vishu,

Color patterns work like interior color formatting so it is probably the Print B&W setting in
your original page or whichever page is not printing color patterns..

Page Setup, Sheet, *Print B&W* means will remove interior color, and print font,
and borders in black. Print Preview shown same as to Printer (in black and white).

Colors are only *missing on monitor*, due to High Contrast Accessibility option.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

Some other problems you could encounter -- see my Color page
Problems formatting color (#problems)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...s.htm#problems

Color or patterns not showing up on print out:
Don't change an existing thread name, but in the future, please include a few
more words that describe the problem like color or pattern. In this case it
would be more for the benefit of those searching for answers later on.
Hints for New Posters
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm
---
HTH,

"vishu" wrote in message ...
Hi david,
I am using formatting also. I can get correct printout in different sheet
in the same file. But not in orginal Sheet.
I don't know what is the problem in original sheet.
I am not understanding..how can it be happen different formatting within the
same file.

"vishu" wrote ...
I have an Excel file with colour background and plain pattern.
When I print an Excel file, the print out is coming with doted pattern.
and if i copy entire sheet and paste it some other excel file, I can get
exact print out with plain background. But every time I can not copy and take
print out [*not clear*]..
But I want to take with plain pattern in the same file. [*not clear*]
Any idea what is the problem in the file.