Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
QB QB is offline

Default filter and sorting

I am trying to perform a ascending sort and keep getting an error ... this
operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized.

I have a table 3 top rows are the header with various merged cells, then I
have a variable number of data rows (no merged cells), and finally there are
several footer row with various merged cells.

I am needing to sort the data rows, how can I do this?

QB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you carefully select the data rows range between your upper and lower
merged cells you can sort that range.

Best to try to do without merged cells which cause these problems in the
first place.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP