Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Report Filter Sorting

Is there a way to sort the items in a Pivot Table Report Filter
alphabetically or numerically in Excel 2007? I notice that that they
currently appear in the order in which they are present in the raw data.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, decide which field you want sorted, right-click on any of that field's
entries, then under the "Advanced..." tab you'll see AutoSort options on the
left ("Manual" is the default).

As you will see when you get there, you can select any "key sort" field you
want from this screen once you get to it. Maybe instead of alphabetically
you want it sorted descending by greatest sales.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"Travis" wrote:

Is there a way to sort the items in a Pivot Table Report Filter
alphabetically or numerically in Excel 2007? I notice that that they
currently appear in the order in which they are present in the raw data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your feedback, although I may have not described the situation
correctly. I have a filter on my pivot report. When I click on the "down
arrow" of that filter, the items that appear in that list are not sorted in
any particular way. I am wondering if there's a way to sort those items, not
the actual data in the pivot report.

Thanks again,
~Travis

"Travis" wrote:

Is there a way to sort the items in a Pivot Table Report Filter
alphabetically or numerically in Excel 2007? I notice that that they
currently appear in the order in which they are present in the raw data.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Drag the field to the row area (if not already there), select it's header and
in the Excel toolbar hit the AZ sort button. Then if needed drag it back to
the Page or Column area. I'm fairly sure that should take care of it.