Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help with a chart

Hello,
I have a large worksheet with data.

Here are the columns:

Order # Employee Hrs.
1000 Mike 2
2000 Mike 1
1000 Paul 2
3000 Rose 3
8000 Mike 1
3000 Mike 2
1000 Rose 1
4000 Paul 1
7000 Jhon 3
5000 Rose 2
1000 Jhon 3
6000 Mike 1
9000 Mike 3
1000 Mike 2

I would like to put this data on a chart, but before I do that I need to
summarize the data.

This is what (I think) I need to do:

1. Sort by "Order #".
2. Once sorted, create a "conditional formatting" or a formula to the entire
"Order #" column to select only one of the orders from each group of orders.
These order numbers then will be displayed on another page or sheet like this:

1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000 9000

3. The employees that worked on each one of the orders will appear as bars
displaying the hrs. they worked. (Please note that if an employee worked on
the same "order #" on two or more different dates, that needs to be added up,
otherwise the chart is going to have multiple bars for the same employee in
that "order #").

I know how to do this manually, but I would like to see if there is a way to
automate it, since I will be running this weekly, and I'm trying to create
sort of a template.

Help please!!!

Thank you,
Cesar Urquidi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

A Pivot Table /Chart can do this an much more...

Look at Debra Dalgleish's site for an introduction:

http://www.contextures.com/Pubn01.html

Regards,
Per

"Cesar Urquidi" skrev i meddelelsen
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007
PivotTable, PivotChart
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5nc4dzu5k3v/11_23_09.xlsx
No quejas de 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for uploading the sample to mediafire!!!

It worked just like I needed!!!

Ce

Cesar