Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mac mac is offline

Default how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.

my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to
column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default
change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In EXCEL 2007 try the following:-

Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option
down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right
hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it
does not have a green tick in it)

Thanks!

"mac" wrote:

my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to
column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default
change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsGeneral tab, uncheck R1C1 Reference style

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"mac" <mac @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed
column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default
change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

toolsoptionsgeneralr1c1

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"mac" <mac @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed
column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default
change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 97-2003 toolsoptionsgeneral, then deselect R1C1 reference style

in 2007 office button, excel optionsformulas under working with formula and
deselect the same check box

For future posts include Excel version

Peo Sjoblom