Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.

In EXCEL 2007 try the following:-

Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option
down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right
hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it
does not have a green tick in it)

Thanks!

"mac" wrote:

my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to
column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default
change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc.