Polina

Default IF CONDITION & Arrow instead of color

If I have created conditional formatting is there any way to instead having
it turn a color have it instead let an arrow up or down appear?
Niek Otten

Just change your formula to

=IF(YourCondition,CHAR(173),CHAR(175)) and FormatCellsFont, Symbol

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Polina" wrote in message
If I have created conditional formatting is there any way to instead
having
it turn a color have it instead let an arrow up or down appear?

Polina

Sorry I tried again and it worked, but where can i get a list of the
character number like what is smile what is down, is there a list.

Also thanks so very much for the help

"Polina" wrote in message
If I have created conditional formatting is there any way to instead
having
it turn a color have it instead let an arrow up or down appear?

Niek Otten

In A1, enter 0 (zero)
In A2, enter =A1+1
Fill down 255 cells.
In B1, enter =CHAR(A1)
Fill down by double-clicking the tiny square in the right-hand bottom corner
of the cell.
Format as Symbol.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Polina" wrote in message
If I have created conditional formatting is there any way to instead
having
it turn a color have it instead let an arrow up or down appear?

Gord Dibben

Niek

In A1 enter =CHAR(ROW()) and drag down works well.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP