Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Exel 2007 click on one cell and several cells are selected

Doesn't sound to me like you are in EXTENDED mode.

Not if you can move the mouse around until you get one cell selected.

Try setting your Zoom level up or down a few points to see if that stops the
multi-select.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:49:02 -0800, milo
wrote:

When I click on one cell, two or more cells are selected. When trying to do
something like add or subtract, I have to hold the mouse button down and move
around until only one is selected.