Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Return Column match

B1:E1 = Jan Feb Mar Apr
Data in the range B2:E10

Enter this formula in G2 and copy down as needed:

=INDEX(B$2:E$10,ROWS(G$2:G2),MATCH("Mar",B$1:E$1,0 ))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Charp" wrote in message
I need to return data from a specific column within multiple columns. For
example, I would like to return data from the Mar column by row.

Description Jan Feb Mar Apr
DBR 137.27 117.27 0.18
Data Entry 20.70 7.55 314.87 12.75
Loss Run 87.55 126.77 111.63 174.66