Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Numbers in a formula!

This may sound daft but i'm baffled! I have an IF formula shown below:

=IF(T4= ,"Level 4","")

in the large gap above I would like to place the numbers 9 through to 13. I
wish to add these because I want the text "Level 4" to appear only when the
numbers 9 through 13 are in a box. But when I try:

=IF(T4=9:13,"Level 4","")

it trys to use cells 9:13 not numbers! Help please!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the below

=IF(MEDIAN(9,T4,13)=T4,"Level 4","")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Shadowdw" wrote:

This may sound daft but i'm baffled! I have an IF formula shown below:

=IF(T4= ,"Level 4","")

in the large gap above I would like to place the numbers 9 through to 13. I
wish to add these because I want the text "Level 4" to appear only when the
numbers 9 through 13 are in a box. But when I try:

=IF(T4=9:13,"Level 4","")

it trys to use cells 9:13 not numbers! Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Another way.......

=LOOKUP(A1,{0,9,14},{"","Level 4",""})

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Shadowdw" wrote:

This may sound daft but i'm baffled! I have an IF formula shown below:

=IF(T4= ,"Level 4","")

in the large gap above I would like to place the numbers 9 through to 13. I
wish to add these because I want the text "Level 4" to appear only when the
numbers 9 through 13 are in a box. But when I try:

=IF(T4=9:13,"Level 4","")

it trys to use cells 9:13 not numbers! Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this...

=IF(AND(T4=9,T4<=13),"Level 4","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shadowdw" wrote in message
This may sound daft but i'm baffled! I have an IF formula shown below:

=IF(T4= ,"Level 4","")

in the large gap above I would like to place the numbers 9 through to 13.
wish to add these because I want the text "Level 4" to appear only when
the
numbers 9 through 13 are in a box. But when I try:

=IF(T4=9:13,"Level 4","")

it trys to use cells 9:13 not numbers! Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Given your list of values is short, here is yet another way...

=IF(OR(T4={9,10,11,12,13}),"Level 4","")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)