Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Basic file, data only once to summary?

I have file, which has in Sheet1 about 300 rows including product number,
prod name, vendor number, vendor name etc. Same product number can be for ex
3 or 5 times because it can be bought from different vendors, as well as
vendor data is many times because many products are bought from same vendor.

Sheet1 has following columns:
A €“ prod number
C €“ prod name
J €“ vendor number
K €“ vendor name

Now I need to make summary for vendors to Sheet2 and for products to Sheet3.
Best result would be if same information is there only once and nothing has
to be done, so this automatically updates all files.

All updating has to be in Sheet1 and if deleting and adding rows to Sheet1
can be allowed, this would be the ultimate solution.

I have tried FIND, SEARCH and all but cannot find any real solution. So far
I have always (when data is needed) get it through Data €“ Filter - €¦ - unique
only. But now I am bored to do this if there is easier way. Any help or
ideas€¦?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use pivot table, since it's the easiest way of generating reports.

(Ms-Exl-Learner)

"NeedToKnow" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That would be one possibility if I only use this file. But the idea is to
have this information for others to use just by copy'ing Sheet2 and Sheet3 so
they don't have to _do_ anything.