Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default filtering dates in a Pivot Table Report Filter

Hi,
I have a file with over 25k rows and 100 columns. I also have 15 various
pivot tables. In about 6 of these tables I need to filter a date range. The
trick here is that the date is not part of the Column or Row labels. The date
filed is only one of the Report Filters. I need to be able to filter out
dates in the last six months.

I can deselect these dates manually but that means deselcting almost 180
dates across 6 pivots (a total of 1080 deselects!)

If I move the date field to a column or row label I get the fly-out option
to filter a date range, but as a report filter I do not get this option.

Any suggestions?
Thanks - Jeannell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable
Date Filter
http://www.mediafire.com/file/edthnv...11_10_09a.xlsx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi I don't know if I actually understood your problem so this might not be
relevant. I have a group of pivot tables and I put a column to the right of
the (in my case) downloaded data. The column shows the month/year only and so
I select only the months I want to look at. so I do =
DATE(YEAR(O2),MONTH(O2),31) in the inserted column. I'm sure there is a
cleverer way...

Cheers
Gai