Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to average a range of cells and ignore #div/0! answer

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
=IF(A2=0,"",AVERAGE(A2:A10))
or
=IF(A2=0,0,AVERAGE(A2:A10))

adjust range to suit.

Regards
FSt1

"Vince" wrote:

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this...

The formula won't calculate an average until at least 1 number is entered in
the range.

=IF(COUNT(A1:A10),AVERAGE(A1:A10),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Vince" wrote:

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mark

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Vince" wrote:

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered
later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

good call. i didn't think that out far enough. i assumed that the first cell
in the range would be the first to have data.
thanks for a better insight.
regards
FSt1