-   -   how to average a range of cells and ignore #div/0! answer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/247856-how-average-range-cells-ignore-div-0-answer.html)

Vince

how to average a range of cells and ignore #div/0! answer

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error

FSt1

how to average a range of cells and ignore #div/0! answer

hi
=IF(A2=0,"",AVERAGE(A2:A10))
or
=IF(A2=0,0,AVERAGE(A2:A10))

adjust range to suit.

Regards
FSt1

"Vince" wrote:

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error

T. Valko[_2_]

how to average a range of cells and ignore #div/0! answer

Try something like this...

The formula won't calculate an average until at least 1 number is entered in
the range.

=IF(COUNT(A1:A10),AVERAGE(A1:A10),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Vince" wrote:

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error

T. Valko

how to average a range of cells and ignore #div/0! answer

mark

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Vince" wrote:

How do I average a range of cells that are blank until data is entered
later
with out the destination cell returning a #div/o! error

FSt1

how to average a range of cells and ignore #div/0! answer

good call. i didn't think that out far enough. i assumed that the first cell
in the range would be the first to have data.
thanks for a better insight.
regards
FSt1