Rohit

Default how to move header and footer within print margins excel

i am trying to use a 11x17 page instead of letter size. I need to fit the
header and footer within the page margins i set forth. Please help~
Gord Dibben

Rohit

Header/Footer margins are fixed at approx. 3/4 inch.

There is no way to change this setting.

Work-around is to "pad" the headers and footers with spaces.

You can move them inwards this way, but not outwards.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 May 2005 07:38:11 -0700, "Rohit"
wrote:

i am trying to use a 11x17 page instead of letter size. I need to fit the
header and footer within the page margins i set forth. Please help~

CyberTaz

Hi Rohit-

AFAIK Headers/Footers _can't_ be inside the page margins... data on the
worksheet would overprint their content.

Use Page Setup to determine how far the H/F should be from the edge of the
page and set the Top/Bottom margins in the same way using a larger number.
The difference between the Top-Header and Bottom-Footer determines how much
space the H/F content has to print within. Don't forget to take your
printer's minimum margin settings into account if it can't print edge-to-edge
on that size stock.

Good Luck |:)