Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Pecuilar Excel behavior

I have a user (several actually) that have reported peculiar behavior
in Excel 2003.

If 2 users open the same spreadsheet (network share) the first user
will get the sheet with the R1C1 option turned off ( Columns are
A,B,C.. ) the second user will get the sheet (after receiving the File
in Use message, ( user clicks on the Read Only option) and the R1C1
option is enabled ( Columns are 1,2,3. )

If user 1 sends me a copy of the sheet via email and I open it, the
columns are fine.

Copied the network version of the sheet onto my desktop (renamed it
...-1.xls) and saved his attachment to my desktop (renamed it
...-2.xls)

Opened ..-1 the columns are 1,2,3..
Closed Excel

Opened .-2 the columns are A,B,C..

It seems that the option was saved with the sheet (-1) and not with
(-2)

This is perplexing on a Monday morning!!! Has anyone seen this
behavior before???

System Info.

WXP Pro SP 2
MSO Excel 2003 (11.8307.8221) SP3

If you need more information, please respond to my email address.

Joe Ambrose
LS Power Group, LLC
Joey11701-at- gmail -dot- com