Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Closing Excel, new (to me) behavior

I just got a new machine at work with Excel 2002 SP3 aboard, and it closes
Excel in a manner different from any version or machine I've ever used. I'm
hoping it's because of some setting I can change to make it behave the way
I'm used to.

There are two 'X's in the upper right, one in the title bar and one in the
menu bar. The one in the menu bar closes just the active workbook,
prompting for saving if necessary. In all my experience, the X in the title
bar has closed all workbooks (prompting individually for saves if necessary)
and then closed Excel, all in one operation. On this installation however,
the X in the title bar closes only the active workbook. You would have to
press it once for each active workbook, and then once again with no
workbooks open to close the application.

I want my one-step Close back. I see nothing in the settings, nor have I
found anything in the Knowledge Base that addresses this behavior. I'm
pretty sure I have the same version of Excel at home, and it operates the
old way in terms of shutting itself down. Any ideas where I could fix this
or even look for adjustments? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it possible you have two instances of Excel open? Look in the task
manager and see if there are two copies of EXCEL.EXE running.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.