Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I make the status bar to be displayed as default?

Currently everytime I open excel, I need to go to the Tools menu, click
Options, and then click the View tab and then select the Status bar check box
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Copy the code below into your ThisWorkbook module of your file

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.DisplayStatusBar = True
End Sub

To USe
Copy code above
Alt+F11 to enter the VB Editor
In the right hand Explorer pane, navigate the the ThisWorkbook module of
your Project and double click it
Paste the Code into the right hand pane that appears
Alt+F11 to return to Excel
Save the workbook

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Aragorn" wrote in message
Currently everytime I open excel, I need to go to the Tools menu, click
Options, and then click the View tab and then select the Status bar check
box

signature database 4538 (20091024) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4538 (20091024) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Definitely not normal behaviour.

Does this happen with every workbook you open or just one?

If one, you could have some code running in that workbook that turns Status
Bar off.

If all workbooks.........Do you have a Personal.xls opening that may do the
deed?

Do you have permission to save to the Registry which is where that setting
is stored?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP