Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make make comment format default?

I'm not a very advanced Excel user.
I don't know anything about programming or macros.

The problem:
I insert comments alot.
When I go to edit the comment, it has usually wandered way off the screen
and I have to follow that connecting line and scoll around to find the
comment box.
I drag it back so it will appear near the cell it is attached to, and resize
it so it will show the whole comment, but when I reopen the document and want
to edit the same comment, I have the same problem all over again.

I've tried going to FormatProperties and choosing "move and size with
cells" but I'm not sure how to test if this stops the comments from wandering
because I don't know which cells will wander or what I have done to get them
to wander.

Even if it does fix my specific problem, do I have to go through this
formatting for every comment I've inserted? I'd like all my comments to stay
near the cells they are attached to so I can easily edit them, and I'd like
this to be true for all new databases I create in Excel.

I want the people I send this database to to be able to hover over the red
triangle and easily read the comment. Sometimes the comment box is too small,
too big, or not even visible except fot that connecting line. The many people
I send this database to don't know, and don't want to be bothered with,
finding a way to view the important information I've put in the comment.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Heather
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out Debra's site about comments,I am not sure but maybe it could
help

also mcritchie has a great site about comments