Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default after installing auto-save, lost redo function but kept undo

I am running excel 2000. Today I installed the auto-save function and set it
for every 10 minutes with the prompt before saving check box checked.
After installation, I began working on one of my spreadsheets and both my
undo and redo functions worked until the prompt popped up. Since I know I
lose these functions when the file is saved, I clicked on cancel in the
prompt box. At that point my redo function became disabled, even though my
undo function still worked. The only way I found to get my redo function
back was to close and reopen my spreadsheet.

Can anyone tell me how to keep my redo function, other than turning off the
auto-save, which would defeat the purpose of having the auto-save.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is the side effect of have sheet-level macros active on your workbook.
It destroys the UNDO stack randomly, and usually pretty consistently. This
is a limitation on us all.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.