Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RS RS is offline

Default Error Message

I am using a predesigned template from Microsoft for Loan Amortization. I
want to enter a decimal number instead of a whole number in the cell for
years. Every time I try to enter a decimal, it gives me the error message
"Please enter a whole number of years from 1 to 40".

I tried to unprotect the sheet, did my own field in another cell, but would
like to know how to correct the error on this cell.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of error?

Thank you!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is Data Validation placed on that cell to prevent you from doing from
you want.

Either stay within the rules or remove the DV from that cell which may cause
you grief since the formulas are designed for whole numbers.

If you do enter 4.6 it will be rounded up to 5 or 4.4 will e rounded down
to 4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP