Old October 21st 09, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you lock the column width?

I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

Old October 21st 09, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--Select the range of cells in which the user needs to be allowed to enter
data. Right clickProtection tabuncheck 'Locked
--From menuToolsProtectionProtect sheet. From the list allow everything
except 'format columns' and 'format rows'
--Hit OK (If you need you can assign a password..)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old October 2nd 13, 04:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pada Kamis, 22 Oktober 2009 0:18:03 UTC+7, Nightshade menulis:
I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

thanx guys! verry helpful
Old November 27th 14, 12:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Nightshade" wrote:

I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

Thanks Jacob, you just saved me hours that would have been wasted on trial and error.
Old January 30th 15, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Nightshade" wrote:

I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

This worked perfectly. Thanks bud!

Old March 20th 15, 07:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Old April 13th 15, 03:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SC SC is offline

"Nightshade" wrote:

I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

Brilliant. Thank you!
Old April 13th 15, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Has something changed here in the UI? When I follow your path, I don't see an option to selectively choose what can or cannot be edited by other users...

Old April 13th 15, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 5:21:40 PM UTC+2, fn8tt0 wrote:
Has something changed here in the UI? When I follow your path, I don't see an option to selectively choose what can or cannot be edited by other users...

What I mean: In Menu Tools Protect Sheet I get to an interface entitled "Protected Sheets and ranges", and if I click on "Set Permissions" I only see/am able to add/delete people, but I cannot finetune WHAT these people are allowed to edit or not....

any help would be much appreciated. I want to lock the column widths in my sheet, but nothing else (i.e. collaborators should be able to insert data into cells, but not change column widths)