Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reading data from one sheet into another sheet

We have a excel spreadsheet that has rows of data in Sheet1. In the next
worksheet tab, we've labeled ESTIMATE, it is suppose to take that data from
Sheet1 and calculate certain things for us. It will read the first row of
Sheet1 with no problem but how can we get it to continue down the rows of
data? When you copy that first row of data to the bottom, thinking the
ESTIMATE tab will then read the next row of data, the ESTIMATE tab formulas
actually change to reflect the new location of the copied row (ex - row 222).
We've tried using total absolute - by using the dollar signs so that it
shouldn't change rows/columns but it didn't work. Ideally we would like it
to continue down the data sheet, filling in the column we need - which is No.
Months Age Reduction.
If it's possible, could I send you the worksheet so you can visually see
what I am trying to describe?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 21, 9:53*am, crae wrote:
[...]

have you tried putting in $ in front of the Column and Rows? A1 would
be $A$1. Thsi locks the A and the 1. If it is =$A1 then if you drag
the cell down it will change from 1 - 2 - 3 etc....
Jay