Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data taken from a List

Hello all,
I have a little problem that I'm hoping someone with a bit more excel
knowledge than myself can sort out for me.
Basically I have a excel sheet which I am going to carry out surveys on
let's call this 'sheet 1' and on 'sheet 2' I have a whole list of addresses.
I need to print out a survey sheet for each address so I was wondering if
there is an easy way I can print these sheets out other than say physically
picking an address off the pull-down menu and hitting 'print' for each
address?
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

JD.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could do a mail merge with a form document on Microsoft Word. This would
then print out each of the addresses on seperate pieces of paper and you only
hit print once. (you are able to review before you print).

--
If this has helped you, please click Yes

Thanks,
Megan

"James Dalton" wrote:

Hello all,
I have a little problem that I'm hoping someone with a bit more excel
knowledge than myself can sort out for me.
Basically I have a excel sheet which I am going to carry out surveys on
let's call this 'sheet 1' and on 'sheet 2' I have a whole list of addresses.
I need to print out a survey sheet for each address so I was wondering if
there is an easy way I can print these sheets out other than say physically
picking an address off the pull-down menu and hitting 'print' for each
address?
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

JD.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Megan,

Thank you ever so much for replying and what you have written that sounds
great but unfortuanelty I am a bit of a computer novice and I would love it
if you could please outline what I have to do to make this happen?
I eagerly await your reply.

JD.

"James Dalton" wrote:

Hello all,
I have a little problem that I'm hoping someone with a bit more excel
knowledge than myself can sort out for me.
Basically I have a excel sheet which I am going to carry out surveys on
let's call this 'sheet 1' and on 'sheet 2' I have a whole list of addresses.
I need to print out a survey sheet for each address so I was wondering if
there is an easy way I can print these sheets out other than say physically
picking an address off the pull-down menu and hitting 'print' for each
address?
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

JD.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi James

I am glad to help. I don't know how you have things set up if all the data
is in one cell or in seperate cells, but this is what I do.

In your spreadsheet, set things up as follows in seperate cells in each
column using the headers above your information so that you can easily match
the data when you get to your form letter:
column a column b column c column d column e
Name address city state zip
John Doe 1234 Street Houston Texas 70054

Save your spreadsheet.

Open up the document you want to use or a blank document. (Note: I am
using Word 2007.)
Click on the Mailings tab at the top.
Click on Start Mail Merge and go to the bottom selecting "Step by Step Mail
Merge Wizard"
This will bring a screen to the right and walk you right through it.
Then select "use the current document" and select "next:select recipients"
at the bottom right.
Select "use an existing list" then click on "browse" for the list. It you
will need to find where your spreadsheet was saved.
Click on the spreadsheet you want.
It will then ask you which sheet you want to use for your data. (if you did
put headers at the top, keep the box in the lower left checked.)
Click Ok
In this screen you can select which recipients you want to create a letter
for.
Go to the next step.
Click on Address Block and in the lower right click on Match Fields.
On each of those selections, select how you would like your output to look
like.
Then go to the next step to preview.
Next step is to merge the letters.
Then you can print all of your letters.