Old October 20th 09, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I stop Excel from selecting more than one cell when clicked

Everytime I choose one cell it selects a block of cells and I don't know why.

Old October 20th 09, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Tap F8

Mike

Old October 20th 09, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might be in the extend mode..Press function key F8 to toggle that setting.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

Old October 20th 09, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just press F8, It will be resolved. Unknowingly you might have pressed F8
and due to that the cursor put into Extention mode. If you press the F8
again it will be switched off OR you can use Esc also to get out of that.

If this post helps, Click Yes!
--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

Old October 20th 09, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If using Excel 2007 and the F8 trick does not resolve the problem.

Change the Zoom level a few points up or down.

Especially if in Page Layout View

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old January 22nd 12, 09:30 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriDHA View Post
Everytime I choose one cell it selects a block of cells and I don't know why.
REVIVING ANCIENT THREAD.

I have the same problem! But what is suggested here, has not solved it.
Wherever I click, it selects the cell I clicked, and the four cells below it. Always 4 stacked cells, from the one I click, to the fourth one below it. Pressing F8 just makes me select even more cells to wherever I drag the cursor. Pressing F8 again resumes the behavior of selecting 4 cells.

Help appreciated.

Old February 8th 13, 03:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:31:53 PM UTC+1, Gord Dibben wrote:
If using Excel 2007 and the F8 trick does not resolve the problem.

Change the Zoom level a few points up or down.

Especially if in Page Layout View

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

I had the same issue, now I know why, my cells where maybe to small for the view I had (which was 100% anyway, Microsoft should change that), just zoom it out a bit and now selects only one cell. Thanks

Old June 29th 15, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

Everytime I choose one cell it selects a block of cells and I don't know why.

This worked for me...thanks