Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Edit Link Dialog Box

I am using excel to do my financial consolidation whereby i need to link
numbers of files and save under one folder on monthly basis.

When start to do a new month report, I will copy the whole folder and rename
to the current month. For example, for Oct 09 report, i will copy the Sept 09
folder and then rename the folder to Oct 09. However, I encounter the below
problems: -

1. some of the files still link to the old file in the old folder instead
link the file in the new folder
2. when i try to amend the linkage, the EDIT LINKS dialog box is too
small espcially when you have the long location name. How can I resize the
dialog box so that i can clearly view the file location.

Thanks in advance
Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Howard

In the new file, Control+H to bring up the Find and Replace dialogue
Find Sep 09
Replace with Oct 09
Replace All

--