Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup - actual value not the formula

Hi

I have an issue with a vlookup and the returned value. I have a vlookup
which according to the dropdown returns a cell column reference (such as A or
D).

Next another cell takes this value and adds the cell row number (such A and
6) to create the value A6.

I want the cell to display the contents of A6 as in a link =A6 but the cell
is actually a formula so it displays the text A6. Is there away a formula
will just read the value of the cell and not the formula.

Any help greatly appreciated (or a more detailed explanation can be given)

Kind regards Rexmann

PS Using Excel 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If x99 is the cell that contains A6, you can use this formula:

=indirect(x99)

to show the value in A6.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try
=INDIRECT(C3) where C3 holds your formula which concatenates A and 6 to give
A6

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"rexmann" wrote in message
Hi

I have an issue with a vlookup and the returned value. I have a vlookup
which according to the dropdown returns a cell column reference (such as A
or
D).

Next another cell takes this value and adds the cell row number (such A
and
6) to create the value A6.

I want the cell to display the contents of A6 as in a link =A6 but the
cell
is actually a formula so it displays the text A6. Is there away a formula
will just read the value of the cell and not the formula.

Any help greatly appreciated (or a more detailed explanation can be given)

Kind regards Rexmann

PS Using Excel 2007

signature database 4510 (20091015) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4510 (20091015) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes there is.

Use the INDIRECT function in the cell which gets the address:

=INDIRECT(<your current function)

This will return the value referenced by your text function.

If this helps, please click "Yes"