Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate working hours between two dates

I'm trying to work out the working hours between two specific dates,
but cannot get my head around it.

In cell K2 is actual_start, which is formatted to show me 30-06-2009
15:00, and L2 is actual_end, formatted the same way, say 04-10-2009
8:15.

I need to know the working hours between the two dates, based on a
standard business working day of 8:30am to 5:00pm.

I can work out in my head that it's 27 working days, but actual_start
day is only 2 hours of the working day, then 25 days of 8.5 hours, and
last day nothing! Trouble is, I have to do this for approximately
5,000 rows each month. Can anyone please help with a formula or
advice?

Thanks in anticipation

Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 15, 8:52*am, DubboPete wrote:
I'm trying to work out the working hours between two specific dates,
but cannot get my head around it.

In cell K2 is actual_start, which is formatted to show me 30-06-2009
15:00, and L2 is actual_end, formatted the same way, say 04-10-2009
8:15.

I need to know the working hours between the two dates, based on a
standard business working day of 8:30am to 5:00pm.

I can work out in my head that it's 27 working days, but actual_start
day is only 2 hours of the working day, then 25 days of 8.5 hours, and
last day nothing! * Trouble is, I have to do this for approximately
5,000 rows each month. * Can anyone please help with a formula or
advice?

Thanks in anticipation

Pete

Oops - actual_start date was 01-07-2009 15:00, and actual-end was
06-10-2009 8:15
sorry if I confused anyone, but I was confused first!!

Pete
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 15, 8:52*am, DubboPete wrote:
I'm trying to work out the working hours between two specific dates,
but cannot get my head around it.

In cell K2 is actual_start, which is formatted to show me 30-06-2009
15:00, and L2 is actual_end, formatted the same way, say 04-10-2009
8:15.

I need to know the working hours between the two dates, based on a
standard business working day of 8:30am to 5:00pm.

I can work out in my head that it's 27 working days, but actual_start
day is only 2 hours of the working day, then 25 days of 8.5 hours, and
last day nothing! * Trouble is, I have to do this for approximately
5,000 rows each month. * Can anyone please help with a formula or
advice?

Thanks in anticipation

Pete

Found the answer already! Should have phrased my initial search
query here a little better!

Peter