Hnelg

Default Converting custom cell properties to text

Hi,

I have a column of cells with telephone numbers in it and I wish to convert
- or copy and paste these cells - into text format.

For example, I have a telephone number as 083270000 and the cell properties
(Format Cells Category) is listed as "Custom" and the "Type" is listed as
"000000000".

When I conduct a copy and paste, I lose the preceding zero before the eight.
But I need this to remain and I need all the cells in "Text" format!

Any ideas on how to do this?

Regards
Hnelg

Hnelg

Patrick,

Yep, that will do the job.

A colleague also assisted and proposed the following which also worked:
1. Ensure there is an empty column next to the existing column with the
numbers in it,
2. select the existing column and format the cells as text - the preceding
zero will disappear,
3. in the empty column, type the following "=0&B2" where B2 is a cell in the
existing column,
4. this will take the content from the existing cell and append it to the
contents (ie, the zero) in the new cell.

All worked fine.

Regards
Hnelg