Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Basic Graph help

I need an opinion for a simple line graph in which the data in b17, c17, d17
are on the Y axis and the data in b9, c9, d9 on the x axis. I only need one
line to show the progression. I am not looking for anything fancy. Really the
only part I am struggling with is getting the info on the right axis. Any
advice or help, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select your data (using Ctrl to allow discontinuous selection) and then
create a XY scatter chart. If the data is in wrong order, you can go under
source data, and rearrange the data.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Confusicous" wrote:

I need an opinion for a simple line graph in which the data in b17, c17, d17
are on the Y axis and the data in b9, c9, d9 on the x axis. I only need one
line to show the progression. I am not looking for anything fancy. Really the
only part I am struggling with is getting the info on the right axis. Any
advice or help, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select B9:D9, hold CTRL and select b17:d17, so there are two areas
highlighted. Create an XY chart, using the line and marker options that
make sense.

If you really did want a line chart, you can right click on the chart,
then use Chart Type to change the chart. If you had tried to make a line
chart with the initial two-area range, Excel may have tried making two
lines, rather than using the first row for X values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.