Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup

Hi,
I have a table below.

A B C D
1 East Midlands 90% 20%
2 Midlands 40% 30%
3 Southern 20% 15%

This table is on a worksheet called rates.

I have another worksheet where I want a drop down box in cell A1 that the
user can select either East midlands, Midlands or southern. When one of them
is selected I would like cell B1 to show the first percentage for that area
and cell B2 to show the second percentage.

Hope someone can help and this makes sese

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In B1 enter
=VLOOKUP($A1,'rates'!$A$1:$C$3,2,FALSE)

In B2 enter
=VLOOKUP($A1,'rates'!$A$1:$C$3,3,FALSE)

"Glenn" wrote:

Hi,
I have a table below.

A B C D
1 East Midlands 90% 20%
2 Midlands 40% 30%
3 Southern 20% 15%

This table is on a worksheet called rates.

I have another worksheet where I want a drop down box in cell A1 that the
user can select either East midlands, Midlands or southern. When one of them
is selected I would like cell B1 to show the first percentage for that area
and cell B2 to show the second percentage.

Hope someone can help and this makes sese

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First name the range A1:A3, say "areas",then create Validation list with
source =areas, then enter formula
=VLOOKUP($A1,Rates!$A:$C,COLUMN(),FALSE)
in B1 of 2nd sheet and fill it to the right and down!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Glenn€¯ ezt Ć*rta: