Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Lookup

First name the range A1:A3, say "areas",then create Validation list with
source =areas, then enter formula
=VLOOKUP($A1,Rates!$A:$C,COLUMN(),FALSE)
in B1 of 2nd sheet and fill it to the right and down!

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Glenn€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi,
I have a table below.

A B C D
1 East Midlands 90% 20%
2 Midlands 40% 30%
3 Southern 20% 15%

This table is on a worksheet called rates.

I have another worksheet where I want a drop down box in cell A1 that the
user can select either East midlands, Midlands or southern. When one of them
is selected I would like cell B1 to show the first percentage for that area
and cell B2 to show the second percentage.

Hope someone can help and this makes sese