Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicating Cell to another cell if it contains data

I have to "duplicate" a section of my spreadsheet to another section. I want
to data to appear in the destination cell(s) only if the source cells
actually contain data. Example:

First Section
Row 1 Date Dept Arrvl
Row 2 10/9/09 KTEB KMDW
Row 3 10/10/09 KMDW KPBI
Row 4 10/8/02 KPBI KTEB
Row 5
Row 6

Second Section
Row 10
Row 11
Row 12
Row 13
Row 14
Row 15
Row 16

So I need a formula to insert into Row 10 - 16 that will duplicate the data
in the correlating cells only if the source contains data in the cell. in
this example Rows 15 & 16 would appear empty since rows 5 & 6 are. I tried
using just "=" and if the date is not in the source, the destination appears
as "1/0/00"

THANKS IN ADVANCE - I really appreciate any help with this - Jennifer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your second section, you want:

=if(a1="","",a1)

Copy this to the other cells in the section.

Regards,
Fred.

"JB Bates" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Fred -- this works for column A -- but the next column are merged
cells - Column C and D and when i try to enter the formula in the merged
cells it only displays the formula. any thoughts?