Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell formulas

I have two cells that I am using an IF function so that if there is no data
in cells used in the formulas, the cell is blank instead of showing 0.00. I
want to use the two cells with the IF formulas in the formula for anothr
cell. When I do this, the cell shows #VALUE! not the answer to the formula.
How can correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could have the original cells return 0, but apply conditional
formatting to those cells such that if the cell value is zero then use
a white foreground colour so that the cell appears blank. This will
avoid the #VALUE errors in your subsequent formula.

Alternatively, you could use something like this:

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",your_formula)

assuming A1 and B1 are the two cells containing your IF formulae.

Hope this helps.

Pete