Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NAS NAS is offline

Default change to all caps

I have an excel spreadsheet in which there is a column that contains names. I
need to change all the names in the column to ALL CAPS. I searched elsewhere
for a formula but it didnt work. Any ideas?
--
NO, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO BUILD A DATABASE FOR ME FOR A "REASONABLE FEE".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

=UPPER(A1)

Drag down and then if you want to copy and paste special - paste values back
over the original column

Mike

"NAS" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet in which there is a column that contains names. I
need to change all the names in the column to ALL CAPS. I searched elsewhere
for a formula but it didnt work. Any ideas?
--
NO, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO BUILD A DATABASE FOR ME FOR A "REASONABLE FEE".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula
=Upper(A1)
will convert the text in cell A1 to all caps.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"NAS" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet in which there is a column that contains names. I
need to change all the names in the column to ALL CAPS. I searched elsewhere
for a formula but it didnt work. Any ideas?
--
NO, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO BUILD A DATABASE FOR ME FOR A "REASONABLE FEE".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Glad that helped but beware of the macro, there's a lot of bad ones posted
that will wipe out any formula you have in the range by changing them to
values.

Mike