Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel double command

hi everbody
ı have a problem below given

For example
A B C
120 T 158
145 U 800

excell should take reference counts at B columns by calculating between
REPEAT NUMBERS
ı gave a sample below

Y 2 times repated(It should take Y's)
95*56
U 2 times repated((It should take Y's)
89*145

how can ı solve my problem
Excel stops when it see first solution as vlookup,match;ındex;find etc..

Briefly How can ı take more than one critteria in excel ???

thankss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand but think you want to lookup the first and then
second match. If sp try this ARRAY formula. See below for how to enter

=INDEX($C$1:$C$7,LARGE(($B$1:$B$7=$E$1)*ROW($A$1:$ A$7),COUNTIF($B$1:$B$7,$E$1)+1-ROW(A1)))

With your lookup value in E1 the formula returns the first match. Drag down
1 row for the 2nd match etc

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Mike